I've updated my interval arithmetic library for Lua to use fi_lib,
which is small and simple to build:
        http://www2.math.uni-wuppertal.de/~xsc/software/filib.html

linterval is available at
        http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/#linterval

Checksum and other data available at
       http://www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~lhf/ftp/lua/release.txt

The test includes an implicit region plotter, which is fun. If you're
interested in interval methods, check out the interactive LÖVE demos at
        http://lhf.impa.br/cursos/imni/README.html

This release is self-contained: it contains the required fi_lib source
files. It also sports a simplified Makefile with targets for macosx
and linux with -fPIC (which some people will appreciate!). I plan to
update my other libraries to use the same scheme.

Like all my code, linterval is in the public domain.
Enjoy. All feedback welcome.
--lhf

interval library:
 __add(x,y)              contained(x,y)          log1p(x)
 __div(x,y)              contains(x,t)           log2(x)
 __eq(x,y)               cos(x)                  meet(x,y)
 __le(x,y)               cosh(x)                 mid(x)
 __lt(x,y)               cot(x)                  mul(x,y)
 __mul(x,y)              coth(x)                 neg(x)
 __pow(x,n)              diam(x)                 new(a,b,[outward])
 __sub(x,y)              disjoint(x,y)           pow(x,n)
 __tostring(x)           div(x,y)                sin(x)
 __unm(x)                erf(x)                  sinh(x)
 abs(x)                  erfc(x)                 sqr(x)
 acos(x)                 exp(x)                  sqrt(x)
 acosh(x)                exp10(x)                sub(x,y)
 acot(x)                 exp2(x)                 sup(x)
 acoth(x)                expm1(x)                tan(x)
 add(x,y)                extremes(x)             tanh(x)
 asin(x)                 inf(x)                  tostring(x)
 asinh(x)                join(x,y)               version
 atan(x)                 log(x)
 atanh(x)                log10(x)