[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [Proposal] Fork Lua
- From: "Soni \"They/Them\" L." <fakedme@...>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2018 20:41:08 -0300
I like to believe free software is no good if ppl don't fork it.
I myself have many forks of various things:
- Cratera, a fork of Lua: https://bitbucket.org/TeamSoni/cratera
- TorxChat, a fork of HexChat: https://github.com/SoniEx2/torxchat (no
releases planned for now, there's a lot to do before a release)
- uh I'm pretty sure there's also another thing I forked recently but I
can't remember what it was. I'm probably gonna start forking IRC servers
Anyway, the point is, FORK THINGS!
As someone once said in the context of forking Mastodon/Pleroma:
> please fork things. fork everything. add bigger emoji, stop stripping
EXIF, rewrite it in Rust, parse EXIF, add EXIF to emoji, add a column
that displays image alt text so mobile users can read it. just fork.
make that many forks.
> fork pleroma, mastodon, lua, rust, firefox, hexchat, etc, just fork
all the things!
> lua has many forks, mastodon has a few, pleroma has fewer, firefox
has fewer still, hexchat has even less, and rust has basically none.
So, really, just fork! MAKE FORKS! fork **everything**! it's awesome! :D
You dislike something, or wish you had something else? Just fork it! :D
Forking is full of joy and happiness!
 https://cybre.space/@SoniEx2/100316746390834437 (yes ofc I'm the one
who said it)