It was thus said that the Great Hisham once stated:
> Hello list,
>
> I am extremely happy to announce LuaRocks 3.0.0beta1, the
> almost-finished package for the new major release of LuaRocks, the Lua
> package manager.

  I still see no way to cleanly specify a particular version of C to compile
with.  CC will give you the system default, which may be C89, C99 or C11
(unlikely, but hey, it's possible).  I don't want to assume everyone has C99
enabled (I'm looking at your, Windows!) and this has always been a painpoint
with my use of LuaRocks.

  I can also see this being an issue with modules written in C++, as a
cursory search revealed the following versions:

	C++98	(1st edition)
	C++03	(2nd edition)
	C++11	(3rd edition)
	C++14	(4th edition)
	C++17	(5th edition)

and not all are compatible (same way as C99 is not fully compatible with
C89).  It would be nice if I had a way to say, in the rockspec file, "I want
this module to compile with C99 semantics" or "I want this module to compile
with C++11 semantics".

  You already support multiple Lua versions.  At least support multiple
C/C++ versions as well.

  -spc