On 4 July 2018 at 15:44, Axel Kittenberger <axkibe@gmail.com> wrote:
> I for one didn't request anything lately, only commented. Anyway, I find
> this "majority counting" a strange sentiment. I'd rather believe the better
> argument counts rather than this kind of "majority bullying" or whatever
> this is supposed to develop to.

I would have thought it is more a case of minority bullying :-)

Actually the question I was asking is that the majority of Lua users
(in my estimate) do not complain or ask for new features. So it is
hard to know whether any proposed new feature is really beneficial or
not, as only a few voices (and always the same voices too!) are heard.

If you believe that some people are more capable than others in
deciding language features ... I agree. But to be honest, only the Lua
team would qualify as the few capable of language design. The rest of
us: do we have anything to show that would qualify us as great
language designers?

Regards
Dibyendu