It was thus said that the Great Egor Skriptunoff once stated:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Pierre Chapuis wrote:
>
> > My take on this is: this is not really necessary, just use luacheck.
> >

> Yes, using special 3rd party software for checking Lua scripts is a true
> solution.

  But people use third party software for debugging, aka debuggers.
luacheck is just a special type of debugger.  Heck, a lot of programmers use
IDEs and simply can't deal with using a normal text editor.  Is that a
crutch? [1]

> But I think checking for misspelled variable names is quite important to be
> inside Lua core.

  And yet, Lua doesn't warn me when I inadvertantly reassigned a variable
with a different type [2] and *that* error is just as nasty as a typo ...

  -spc (So, how much do we protect ourselves from ourselves?)

[1]	http://boston.conman.org/2009/11/02.1
	http://boston.conman.org/2009/11/03.1

[2]	That bit be recently.  I had [3]:

		local url  = require "org.conman.parsers.url.url"
		local lpeg = require "lpeg"

		-- ...

		local seconds             = P"T"
		local remoteuser          = (modifier * P"u")
		                          / function() return Cg(e_atom,"ruser") end
		local url                 = P"U"
		local servername          = P"v"

		-- ...

		local pat = apache:match[[[[%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\" %{outstream}n/%{instream}n (%{ratio}n%%)]]

		-- ...

			data = pat:match(log_entry)
			data['Referer'] = url:match(data['Referer'])
			-- oops!

[3]	Code still isn't finished.