On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 9:20 PM, Stephen Irons <stephen@irons.nz> wrote:

'require()' checks that the first parameter is a string (after coertion), but does no other parameter checking. It would take additional code to check for the number of parameters passed in.

I would strongly prefer that it continue to exhibit this behavior.

I don't yet have the need, but this allows for a re-written require like so

local library = require ("library", ">0.3")

and so on. This would continue to work in contexts which haven't extended require.