Essentially the question you're asking is "can I make a web browser in Lua" to which the answer is absolutely.  However, you would need to include (or, if you were feeling especially ambitious, write) a _javascript_ interpreter so that you could use sites that use _javascript_.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2018, 12:20 PM Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 27, 2018 at 18:10:11 +0200, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> I found that I could do general surfing thta way but did not succeed
> in logging in to a site on which I am a registered user.
>
> Maybe this is off-topic for this list. But maybe someone has used
> lua-curl and knows what to do.

Possibly a lack of cookie handling?  _javascript_ on the page for captchas?  Lots
of possibilities.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                         http://www.digital-scurf.org/
PGP mail accepted and encouraged.            Key Id: 3CCE BABE 206C 3B69