I realize that I had not posted this to the list just yet. I did some work previously and presented the benchmarks at Lua Workshop 2016. There were some derps in the benchmarks and some other libraries people wanted to see in the benchmarks. I reworked nearly everything and created a new repository with a new CMake-based build so it could be run on other platforms than Windows.Here's the writeup of the new benchmarks and how I did it, as well as some (minor) insights into how someone would typically use the C API versus what would be the most performant way of doing it: https://thephd.github.io/2018/
05/17/Lua-Bindings-Shootout. htmlI hope it helps a few people here!