On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 1:10 AM, Matthew Wild <mwild1@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Russ,

On 11 June 2018 at 06:35, Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The only versions of squish I can find are using module functionality which
> isn't in 5.3 (to the best of my knowledge)? Does anyone know if there is
> already a 5.3 compliant version floating around?
>
> I converted it over to work in 5.3 without too much difficulty. If it is
> un-patched, I'll perhaps push to Mr. Wild.

I have some changes I made for 5.2 compatibility here:
http://code.matthewwild.co.uk/squish/shortlog/7d6070e5a096

Ah, great. I didn't find those. Finally a chance to learn some Mercurial...

The main reason it's not released yet is lack of testing, and I didn't
even begin with 5.3 yet. I'd be glad of testing and any contributions
you can make in that area!
I just ripped out the module stuff and replaced it with some requires. I'll contact you through you're site.

Thanks!
Russ

Most of my projects, being related to Prosody, have been hanging back
on 5.1. Now that Prosody does 5.2 though, I'll gradually be moving
them over. The bump to 5.3 should be fairly straightforward in
comparison, though we need to assess the risk of issues related to
assumptions about integer/float arithmetic in the code.

Regards,
Matthew