On 2018-06-02 19:46, Andrew Gierth wrote:
"Rodrigo" == Rodrigo Azevedo <rodrigoams@gmail.com> writes:

  Rodrigo> NIL_IN_TABLE is good only for 'arrays' types,

This is absolutely not true; I've been finding the lack of nils in
tables _very_ frustrating, and none of my use-cases have been anything
to do with arrays as opposed to more general tables.

Can you (abstractly, briefly) describe a few of them?

(For me, `nil` is a _symbol_ for "there's nothing here", so the approach of actually storing nils seems backwards… and so I'm looking for other solutions. Having a bunch of test problems would be handy. I scanned through the relevant threads I recalled and didn't find any good ones.)

Regards,
nobody