Good News Everyone! We've created an binary installer on Windows for 5.4-work1 with NIL_IN_TABLE turned on. Want to try the latest and greatest withouth building the sources? Try WinLua!

-- 32 Bit Binary Installer: https://github.com/WinLua/bin/tree/master/WinLua%20Release%202

-- Release Notes:
https://github.com/WinLua/bin/wiki

I'm pleased to announce the second Release WinLua. The WinLua project seeks to promote a high quality Lua distribution on Windows. I say "seeks to promote high quality" because Release 2 is an experimental build and is most likely buggy. :-/

WinLua Release 2 includes:
- WinLua 2, which is a mashup of Lua 5.4-work1 and lua 5.1.5. Lua 5.4 has NIL_IN_TABLE turned on, so nils can be inserted into a table to hold the position of the item.
- LuaFileSystem (lfs) version 1.7.0 from the Kepler Project.
- Sol2 version 2.19.4. - Header only hpp file under ...\include\sol2.hpp
- LibreSSL 2.7.3 - OpenSSL fork from OpenBSD. I don't yet include luasec, but this is a step in that direction. I also have my eye on luaossl by William Ahern (requires porting).
- JamPlus 0.3 By Josh Jensen - An extension of the Perforce jam build system. Once learned, the syntax is easy for building simple c/c++ modules and has been used in very large production build systems.

Both the 5.4 and 5.1 interpreters are called from a single Lua Interpreter:
C:\Users\russh> lua
Lua 5.4.0 (work1)  Copyright (C) 1994-2018 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

C:\Users\russh> lua -51
Lua 5.1.5  Copyright (C) 1994-2012 Lua.org, PUC-Rio

So, if anyone is brave enough to give the installer a spin and run your code through it, I'd love your feedback. I've had no issues with the simple things I'm doing right now and JamPlus has been fun to learn, though I'm still in the "wtf didn't that work" stage of learning it. lots more to come...

Cheers,

Russ