On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 10:32 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>  The below has been listed as a bug in 5.3.4
> https://www.lua.org/bugs.html#5.3.4-2 for over a year, and there is no
> official fix. What are the plans for this bug? Another customer has run
> into this bug in the mean time...

Did you try this code with the Lua 5.4 work version?

I am sorry for being insistent, but I need to decide whether we should wait for 5.3.5 (or 5.4) that will have this bug fixed, or try to roll our own patch from the current 5.4 work sources. Any input will be highly appreciated, but above all an indication of when 5.3.5 or 5.4 are likely to be released would be very helpful.

Thanks,
V.