On 2018-03-10 22:49, Hugo Musso Gualandi wrote:
> - Is anyone else bothered by the Vim's Lua indentation like I am?

Yes.  I sometimes get frustrated by its poor auto-indentation, at least
compared to what I see/expect it to do with C files.

I wrote part of this draft just after you first email but I never sent
it.  Today it reminded me of this thread.  Have you made any progress?

> https://github.com/tbastos/vim-lua
> https://github.com/drmingdrmer/vim-indent-lua
> https://github.com/raymond-w-ko/vim-lua-indent
> https://gist.github.com/bonsaiviking/8845871

Anyone tried any of these?  Do you use anything else?

> - What we can do to improve Lua indentation in upstream Vim?

Learn Vim's syntax, make a good parser for Lua, use it to indent as you
want, submit a patch to upstream, volunteer to maintain the code.  I'm
willing to help test things but I don't think I have time right now to
learn Vim script in depth nor to maintain it.  Having said that I also
want better syntax highlighting and indentation for x86 assembly in Vim.