On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 11:10 AM, dyngeccetor8 <dyngeccetor8@disroot.org> wrote:
On 05/01/2018 07:16 PM, jitesh pabla wrote:
> Hello everyone I'm going to build a GUI for LuaRocks this summer as a GSoC
> project, so there are a few questions I'd like to ask everyone:
> 1-Which CLI commands do you want to see implemented into the GUI first?
install, remove, show, search

> 2-Would you rather have the GUI as a separate rock or do you want it to be
> embedded into the main distribution?
Standalone.

> 3-Will you actually use a GUI as your primary way to interact with luarocks?
It depends on my aesthetic feeling. If I'd would create GUI myself
(to match mentioned feelings: cross-platform open-source widgets engine,
good behavior - no donates begging and stealth updates), I'd use it for
exploring and installation of new rocks.

--

Also it would be nice to have ability to save versions of all installed
rocks in separate file. In case you need to rollback after update.

-- Martin