Thank you for your reply Gavin. I am sorry for Prof. Edalat, I hope they will release him asap!

I don't really understand what could be the different meanings of solve in this case. As I mentioned in my previous message, I would like to obtain the value of the friction factor using Colebrook equation.

On 30 April 2018 at 11:47, Gavin Wraith <gavin@wra1th.plus.com> wrote:
In message <CAGmA6cFbvCgcKVKdpL3Y2wFH3N=73F1Cg4tzLCPcAkprBiFbeA@mail.gmail.com>
          Hur Butun <hurbutun@gmail.com> wrote:

>Is there a symbolic equation solver / package in Lua?
>
>I am trying to solve the Colebrook equation (below)
>https://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/colebrook-equation-d_1031.html
>
>I saw that there are some simple equation solvers available online but I
>couldn't find anything to solve an equation of this kind.

Depends very much on what you mean by solve.

I hope you will excuse me using this reply to mention the arrest of Abbas
Edalat, a professor of Computer Science at Imperial College London, during
an academic function in Iran. He would be just the man to help you. His
thesis was on a practical package to implement a real number representation, using
lazy streams of rationals, in which the standard laws of arithmetic hold on
the nose.
--
Gavin Wraith (gavin@wra1th.plus.com)
Home page: http://www.wra1th.plus.com/