It was thus said that the Great Philipp Janda once stated:
> Am 10.04.2018 um 06:15 schröbte Russell Haley:
> >Hi,
>
> Hi!
>

> >I've finally managed to get the pieces together to run Lua in the RTEMS
> >operating system. A big shout out to whoever lparam is:
> >
> >https://github.com/lparam/rtems-liblua
> >
> >Anyway, now that I can load a hello world string and iterate a table, I was
> >wondering about actually doing something with Lua. For my first attempt I
> >would like to load penlight. I'm using the sparc erc32 (default) build with
> >their emulator and it doesn't have a filesystem. errr... Help?
> >
> >To be sure, I have no idea what I'm even looking for. I've asked a similar
> >question on the RTEMS mailing list and there is some information about
> >doing some digging on those items, but any advice would be grand.
>
> I'd use one of the various amalgamation scripts, put the resulting
> single big script into a char array, and load it from there. But a
> searcher that loads from a tar would be cool (and probably also useful
> for others) as well.

  I've did a "proof-of-concept" for this, but with ZIP files [1][2].  For
modules written in Lua, they can be loaded directly from the file; but for
C-based modules, they have to be written to disk first before loading.

  But it sounds like Russell doesn't have much of a filesystem to work from

  -spc

[1]	https://github.com/spc476/LEM

[2]	http://boston.conman.org/2018/02/19.2