On 31-Mar-18 14:24, Doug Gale wrote:
​I hate one-based indexing​. It adds a ton of confusion when embedding lua into a native programming language project, and tarnishes what I'd consider to be a fantastically good language otherwise.

I started with 6502 assembly (0-based) then learned BASIC (1-based) then C (0-based) then Pascal (1-based) then... well, you get the idea :-)

After a while you just get used to think in the context of the language you are writing in, even when you are mixing them in the same project.

As Marc Balmer said, it is the same as for human languages.

--
  Enrico