On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 7:46 AM, David Crayford <dcrayford@gmail.com> wrote:
> It wasn't until I started using C that I had ever used a language with 0
> based indexing which makes sense for a language where arrays decay to
> pointers. IMO, the Lua authors got it right.

Totally agree - in fact the decision was to fit in with technical but
non-programmer users who were accustomed to 1-based indexing like
Fortran.

It is also a mystery why some people base technical decisions on silly
reasons - it's possible that they are simply more vocal and
fundamentally unserious people.