(Apologies for top-posting from my phone)

This has nothing to do with Gmail and everything to do with Yahoo. Several years ago, Yahoo published a DMARC reject policy, which means that for any email with a Yahoo address in the From: header, compliant email providers must authenticate that the message came directly from Yahoo's own servers or else reject it (in practice, mark it as spam). Unfortunately, this breaks all mailing lists, because mailing lists must receive the message, modify it (at least the To: header), and resend it from its own server, resulting in a failed DMARC check.

Yahoo's recommended solution for mailing lists, the last time I checked, was for the list to remove the sender's address from the From: header and replace it with the list's own address, but IIRC there's some internet standard (maybe an RFC?) that doing so violates. So the only real solution is to not use Yahoo addresses with mailing lists.