On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 11:46 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
>    - more importantly: when used to flip a coin (e.g. random(0,1) == 0) it
>    generates a short sequence of 128 values.

By "a short sequence of 128 values" you mean it repeats itself after
128 values?

I should not write these things when I'm busy and/or especially tired. You're right, I managed to confuse myself.

It's a linear sequence, but not one so short, it's length is 2**128 - 1. The values generated are an exclusive-or of a subset of the last 128 bits generated.

Never mind.