On Wed, Mar 21, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Milind Gupta <milind.gupta@gmail.com> wrote:

If you can live with the license date for Lua being incorrect, the current 1803a release has been working well for me. I'm using it to build a cross platform LuaRocks GUI in Qt: https://github.com/WinLua/BrokenGlass-PM with the help of the sol2 C++ wrapper.

That would be great. Did you consider IUP  for the GUI also from Tecgraf, which I find is excellent framework like Lua fully programmable in Lua. I have used it in quite a few of my projects now.

Sadly, I did not consider IUP.  The technology choice for the LuaRocks Gui has been largely driven by a career change. It's a C++ first solution on purpose. The abstraction from the stack that sol2 provides is sublime.

I read the documents each time IUP comes up and marvel at it's simplicity. Are there any higher order libraries available that provide controls? I'm wondering about control sets analogous of the various libraries that have been created on top of Qt such as Blackberry Cascades, or  KDE Plasma? I forget the name of the one that was created for SailfishOS (was it lipstick?).

This is the kind of Lua first technology that should be championed by a Lua foundation.

If only there were more hours in the day. :(

Russ

Milind