On 11 March 2018 at 23:34, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> On 29 January 2018 at 22:55, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
>> On 28 January 2018 at 16:40, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
>>> I have always wanted to (but haven't managed to yet) bundle some high
>>> quality libraries with Ravi in a well tested combination with support
>>> for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Is there a list of the best essential
>>> libraries for Lua? I want to bundle a small set of high quality
>>> libraries that I will test with Ravi, rather than a huge set of
>>> untested libraries of varying quality.
>>>

>> Thank you all for the feedback. My shortlist now consists of:
>>
>> - lpeg
>> - luafilesystem
>> - luasocket
>> - libuv (Luvit)
>> - libcurl (wrapper tbc)
>> - lua-cjson
>> - torch7
>> - luaossl
>> - cephes (wrapper tbc)
>> - luaffifb (port of LuaJIT FFI interface)
>>

> Hi - planning to add Penlight to the distro.

I am pleased to report that Penlight is now part of the distro.
Testing Penlight uncovered a bug in Ravi which I have fixed but sadly
it was not part of the recent 0.23 release of Ravi.

I have a question re any pure Lua libraries that people care about:

a) Busted has already been suggested
(https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi-distro/issues/1).
b) Any others that I should look at?

Bear in mind that I am keen to keep the distro small and ideally avoid
duplicating functionality.

I was thinking whether to include a scripting language such as
Moonscript. Any views?

Thanks and Regards
Dibyendu