> fTransfer: the index of the first local variable being "transfered",
> which means parameters in a call or return values in a return. This
> value is only meaningful during a call hook or a return hook. (For
> call hooks, this value is always 1.)
> nTransfer: The number of values being transfered (see previous item).
> (For calls of Lua functions, this value is always equal to nparams.)
>
> I didn't quite get what "transfered" means in this context; as there
> were no other mentions in the document I was hoping for some
> additional information.

The local variables being "transfered" mean "parameters in a call or
return values in a return", as the text explains. Aparently that is not
clear, but I am not sure what is your confusion. (Maybe the use of "local
variable"? Yes, they do not need to be real local variables, even though
we access them with 'getlocal'...)

> (BTW, shouldn't it be "transferred"?)

Probably :-)

-- Roberto