On 14 March 2018 at 19:46, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if I could use LuaRocks software for managing
> Ravi-Distro. I need to:

Great choice! :) LuaRocks fits your bill in all regards:

> a) Use my github repo as the source for packages

Just set it as the default rocks_server in the config file (the Torch
project does that) -- Alternatively, you can configure it to point to
your own account at LuaRocks.org and use only your curated rocks. See
the LuaRocks wiki docs for more info and feel free to ask!

> b) Use CMake build system

Also easy: `build.type = "cmake"` is supported.

> On Windows I need to use MSVC by the way.

Also supported, either via cmake or via the builtin build system!

Cheers!

-- Hisham