>>>>> "Russell" == Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> writes:

 >> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D13690

 Russell> The above is a link to my suggested patches to the Lua 5.3
 Russell> port for FreeBSD to build on FreeBSD 10-12 (9 should work, I
 Russell> haven't tested below 10. HEAD is 12). This also contains the
 Russell> suggested libedit patch that I came to independently.

Is there some strong reason to patch the source to reference
edit/readline/readline.h rather than just doing -I/usr/include/edit as I
did?

Also there are more bugfix patches available than you have included,
notably the one I reported for lua_pushcfunction.

--
Andrew.