Hi everyone,

One thing that has been bugging me lately is that the default
indentation scripts that Vim ships for Lua often don't do what I want,
requiring me to fix their output by hand.

For example, Vim doesn't add extra indentation to function parameters
that continue on a second line, and it doesn't automatically unindent a
"then" when it appears on a line by itself, like it does with "end":

    print(1,2,3,
    4,5,6)

    if condition
        then
            x = 1
        end

Searching the web, it appears that there are many different people who
have tried to develop better Lua indentation scripts for Lua:

https://github.com/tbastos/vim-lua
https://github.com/drmingdrmer/vim-indent-lua
https://github.com/raymond-w-ko/vim-lua-indent
https://gist.github.com/bonsaiviking/8845871

My questions to this list are as follows:

- Is anyone else bothered by the Vim's Lua indentation like I am?
- Do any of you use custom Vim indentation scripts? (Which one?)
- What we can do to improve Lua indentation in upstream Vim?

I'm very curious what you all have to say about this.

-- Hugo