>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> writes:

>>>>> "Glenn" == Glenn Travis <travplays@comcast.net> writes:

 Glenn> And it looked like I needed to press tab in order to follow the
 Glenn> ‘formatting”. The first time I pressed tab I got an alert beep
 Glenn> and the second time I got a directory listing:

 Andrew> The standalone lua binary uses libreadline for input editing,
 Andrew> and presumably just isn't disabling the default completion
 Andrew> function (which completes filenames).

And speaking of which, it's very annoying that lua.c isn't setting
rl_readline_name, which would make it possible to conditionally disable
completion (or make other configuration choices) in .inputrc or .editrc.

--
Andrew.