On 15 February 2018 at 18:18, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> On 28 January 2018 at 16:40, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
>> I have always wanted to (but haven't managed to yet) bundle some high
>> quality libraries with Ravi in a well tested combination with support
>> for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Is there a list of the best essential
>> libraries for Lua? I want to bundle a small set of high quality
>> libraries that I will test with Ravi, rather than a huge set of
>> untested libraries of varying quality.
>>
>> My preference is to use CMake based build system - such as used by
>> VCPKG by Microsoft, or LuaDist.
>>

> Hi - this is now slowly taking shape here:
>
> https://github.com/dibyendumajumdar/ravi-distro
>
> All feedback welcome.

I have been busy trying to get the torch library to work on all
platforms. It appears that the Lua version uses 'long' data type - but
this is not portable as on Windows, MSVC treats longs as 32-bit
values. I found that PyTorch has had fixes updates to resolve this so
I decided to merge those changes. However I am still getting test
failures and am  working on those.

Prior to this I spent some time fixing bugs in the FFI library.

I wanted to say that this highlights what kind of distro I am trying
to create - the aim is not just throw packages together, but to have a
distro that works reliably on all three major platforms. This requires
some amount of effort - and in some cases I have take on the
maintenance of the packages that are no longer being maintained
upstream.

Regards
Dibyendu