On Feb 27, 2018, at 11:37 AM, Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

> It was thus said that the Great Soni They/Them L. once stated:
>>
>> Since I can access the symbol table (by reading the module with io.open
>> and looking at all of its symbols), I can probably write something that
>> finds the common prefix for all luaopen_* and omits it when doing
>> requires. This should solve the problem?
>
>  I suppose.  You'll need the ELF specification for Linux and the Mach-O
> specification for Mac OS-X.  But in theory that should be possible.

https://github.com/bogdanm/luaelf

"LuaELF is a Lua 5.1 library for parsing ELF files. It is written almost completely in Lua, using C modules only when absolutely needed (for example when bitwise operations are involved). It uses OOP to represent different entities of an ELF file as objects."

--
Jay