On 29 January 2018 at 22:55, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
> On 28 January 2018 at 16:40, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> wrote:
>> I have always wanted to (but haven't managed to yet) bundle some high
>> quality libraries with Ravi in a well tested combination with support
>> for Windows, Linux and Mac OSX. Is there a list of the best essential
>> libraries for Lua? I want to bundle a small set of high quality
>> libraries that I will test with Ravi, rather than a huge set of
>> untested libraries of varying quality.
>>

> Thank you all for the feedback. My shortlist now consists of:
>
> - lpeg
> - luafilesystem
> - luasocket
> - libuv (Luvit)
> - libcurl (wrapper tbc)
> - lua-cjson
> - torch7
> - luaossl
> - cephes (wrapper tbc)
> - luaffifb (port of LuaJIT FFI interface)
>
> Well this list although short is probably going to keep me busy for
> several months.

An update on this:

I have been working on this in my spare time. The first module I
decided to tackle is luaffifb / luaffi - which provides an 'ffi'
library similar to that in LuaJIT. This has turned out to be more
involved as I am having to fix some issues with this module (see my
other post for details).

The main thing I want to mention is that I decided to support stock
Lua 5.3 too - that is the distro will have a Ravi and a Lua 5.3
output, although naturally I will first test everything with Ravi.

Regards
Dibyendu