Sean Conner <sean@conman.org> wrote:

> It was thus said that the Great Pierre Chapuis once stated:
>> On Tue, Feb 6, 2018, at 19:00, Daurnimator wrote:
>>
>>>  - I'm not concerned about line length very much. I can fit 3 120 column
>>>    terminals side by side on my screen...
>>
>> You are lucky. I just checked and I can fit 190 columns total
>> on my screen.
>
>  422 at work ... about 180 at home.

I can get about 190'ish as well in my IDE comfortably. Which gives me two
side-by-side 80 column windows with a bit of extra space. Also the project
manager bit takes up some room as well. Sadly, my eyes are not as good as
they used to be and as I get older my fonts get larger.

>> That being said, I agree with not using typedef here. If types
>> are too long to fit on a single line, just use more lines, for instance
>> putting the return type on its own line like in KNF.
>
> Or each parameter on its own line:
>
> int dump_memorys(
>        char       *dest,
>        size_t      dsize,
>        void const *data,
>        size_t      size,
>        size_t      amount,
>        size_t      offset
> )
>
>  -spc (Who likes vertically aligned code ... )

I think that style would take a lot of getting used to, though I guess
I can see how for functions with a lot of params it is easier to read!

~Paige