On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 8:06:35 AM GMT, Forrest Christian (List Account) <lists@packetflux.com> wrote:

> it is best for an identifier to be spelled out, not subject to interpretation, and doesn't necessarily need to be short.

I agree with this.  Saving a few thousand characters of source by contracting names has at most zero value to me, I think.

> Also the video series by Robert C. Martin is excellent

Provided you can stomach the zany antics. >_>

Also, on the subject of Type* foo, bar; declarations, my hygiene for dealing with this is just to make separate declarations for each pointer variable.
I don't want to have to remember the "correct" position for the asterisk because in my experience any procedure dependent on programmers "just remembering" things is doomed to failure. :-)
I'm happy to spend some extra newlines to simply remove that particular problem altogether.

--
GK