On 2 February 2018 at 09:43, Hisham <h@hisham.hm> wrote:
>> I didn't even realize that Lua supported require 'a.b.c' and that this
>> is translated to a filesystem path, maybe because I haven't seen it
>> being used.
>
> Well, LuaSocket does it (socket.http), Penlight does it (pl.pretty),
> LuaRocks does it (luarocks.fs)... I see it all over the place! Which
> Lua modules have you been using? :)

None other than the core Lua ones I admit. But that's because my main
app was written in C++/C# and I didn't need Ravi to do much other than
act as a glue. However I have looked at Lua code in various projects
every now and then and this aspect did not strike me. It also seems
from Dirk's post that this is not necessarily followed.

Btw my preference is that the name prefix should be a valid domain
name, so luarocks seems fine.

Regards
Dibyendu