Hi Kevin, I'm not sure I get what you mean. I agree with what you're saying about Lua but I don't see how this will change any of the behavior you're describing. pairs will still be pairs and tables would behave like they always did. Why do you need to know the type of the list? You are saying the type is irellevant but at the same time that it is relevant.