On 2018-01-19 10:22 AM, Elias Hogstvedt wrote:
Yes it will break everything, so I don't really expect this to be implemented. Perhaps a new language?

If you can imagine a new language or be okay with breaking changes, do you think these changes make sense?

I believe you're looking for Javascript. It's about as strongly typed as Lua but with mappings and arrays as separate concepts.