Dirk, I think you are msising the point here a little bit. Your entire reply is just "it can be done in lua already so there's no point" but that's not what this is about. I know that this can be done in Lua and it's personally not a very big deal for me that Lua behaves like this. If anything, it will be a burden if Lua changes its syntax because it means it'll break all the previous code I've written the last 10 years.

I'm trying to think "outside of the box" a little bit and see the language from a new perspective. It's more of a fun exercise than anything.

As for the array length, it should be dynamic because as you said fixed size would cause issues.