Apologies for my bluntness,

https://www.lua.org/manual/5.2/manual.html#8
https://www.lua.org/manual/5.3/manual.html#8

documents what should be all changes to the APIs, libraries, and language between versions.

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 1:12 AM Russell Haley <russ.haley@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

TLDR;
Is there an easy way to get a handle on the C API changes between 5.1
and 5.3? I tried diffing the two lua.h files but wasn't sure if that's
the best course of action.

Complete:
I am exploring interfacing C# and .Net and there is a wonderful
collection of different paths, each in varying states of maintenance.
While there seems to be some attempts to re-create Lua in C#, I am
instead interested in directly interfacing with unmodified PUC-Lua
code.

>From what I see, there are two paths: NLua/KeraLua, and creating an
interface as per instructions here:

https://ttuxen.wordpress.com/2009/11/03/embedding-lua-in-dotnet/

Once again, Kera/Lua *sort of* violates my desire for using unmodified
sources as it can only be built from their repository. (A brief
inspection seems to indicate they are compiling it as C++ as they've
changed the extensions.). If anyone knows better, please advise.

So, that leaves me with Thue Tuxen's engine. One path I shall take is
to compile 5.1 to test it, but I'm interested in knowing what sort of
API changes were made between 5.1 and 5.3. Which brings me to the
question posted at the top.

I have further questions about the modifications to the Lua53.dll
build that are required in the instructions (will it still work with C
components?), but will save that for another night (unless someone
feels like reading ahead!).

Thanks,

Russ

Ryan | Charles <vandor2012@gmail.com>
Software Developer / System Administrator
https://hashbang.sh