On 2018-01-08 10:14 PM, Paige DePol wrote:
Jonathan Goble <jcgoble3@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 6:38 PM Soni "They/Them" L. <fakedme@gmail.com> wrote:
Clearly you have not seen this yet.
http://blog.ionoclast.com/2015/05/the-future-of-firth-pre-alpha2-and-beyond/

MY EYES!

Seriously, that background makes the page completely unreadable.
Selecting all the text on the page made it considerably more readable!

However, I am unsure why you linked to that page in the first place?

The page author has quite an interesting project, but it appears they
are targeting LuaJIT... which if memory serves is already implementing
tables and other objects using memory arenas, which helps improve all
memory management quite a considerable amount.

~Paige

And Lua 5.2, which was my use-case at the time. I actually talked a lot about this back then. (I'd love to see a hybrid between stack-based varargs and table-based varargs some day. or maybe just more table and C stack optimizations. imagine if pure-lua table.unpack was nontrivially faster than the most optimal C-based table.unpack! imagine if the C stack was "lazy-allocated" such that select() is O(1)! maybe some day...)