What would a lua hook be?

Em 15 de dez de 2017 9:35 PM, "Dibyendu Majumdar" <mobile@majumdar.org.uk> escreveu:
Hi,

It seems that performance of Lua is improving steadily and Ravi
benefits from this as well.

Here are some recent test results.

Benchmark: matrix multiplication

Lua 5.3.4:  25.5 seconds

Lua (github):  18.3 seconds

ravi (computed goto): 16.6 seconds

ravi (computed goto & disabled lua hook):   15 seconds

ravi (computed goto & type annotations): 11.1 seconds

ravi (computed goto & type annotations and disabled lua hook): 10.6 seconds

luajit (v2.1 github, -j off): 9.4 seconds

All are interpreter timings on 64-bit Mac OSX 10.11.6.

I believe that LuaJIT's Interpreter VM has equivalent of computed goto
and disabled Lua hook by default - please correct me if I am mistaken.

I will share results from some other benchmarks - the trend is similar to above.

My impression is that on Mac OSX at least computed goto's are worth
having as an option.

Regards
Dibyendu