On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Tyler Neylon <tylerneylon@gmail.com> wrote:
> Harking back to the pre-fork days of this thread, I wanted to mention
> a Lua rock that implements a good chunk of Lua's C API as a Lua
> module:
>
> source: https://github.com/tylerneylon/lua_api_demo
>
> rock: https://luarocks.org/modules/tylerneylon/apidemo
>
> Although not at the OS level, I also wanted to mention some C example
> code of sandboxing Lua in terms of CPU and memory resources. Both of
> these files implement a bare-bones Lua interpreter:
>
> memory: https://github.com/tylerneylon/APIsWithLua/blob/master/ch6/limit_memory.c
> cpu (using Lua's C-level debug fns):
> https://github.com/tylerneylon/APIsWithLua/blob/master/ch6/limit_cpu.c
>
> I thought these might be of interest to Soni or others looking to
> build something similar. Could be a starting point for your specific
> goals?
>
> - Tyler

As stated on another thread, Mr. Donavan also has a modular build
system for Lua here:

https://github.com/stevedonovan/luabuild

Which would be very handy for the work Paige is doing as well.
Definitions aside, I am interested in her work (and Soni's) and thus
involved myself in the conversation. In hindsight, I should simply
have known better than to start a sentence with "no offense". Like bad
code, it should have been re-read and re-written. For that I
apologize.

Russ