HI, Jushua!

As far as I know Lanes uses Linda objects for data exchange. These Linda objects are key-value storages + FIFO channels with pretty specific interface. You set\send and get\receive data for particular key.

Effil was created to provide more natural or native Lua abstractions for data exchange. We had implemented shared tables which looks like regular Lua tables:
 - Our shared tables can be placed inside each other
 - All our objects are compatible with other: you can send tables through channels and put channels into tables
 - You even don't need to create shared tables directly, you can pass regular Lua table to another thread and it will be converted automatically
 - ...

So, Effil has higher level of abstraction and it's more easier to use. Btw, If it will be interesting we can make detailed comparison of Effil with Lua Lanes.