Yes. System supports windows. It works with all features as for Mac and Linux.

But
1. There is no continuous integration for windows builds now, only Linux and Mac due to lack of time and experience with appveyor.
2. Effil needs C++ compiler with C++14 standard compliance (introduced since Visual Studio 2015) because of dependency https://github.com/thephd/sol2.

About «pausablility», it basically means you can run thread like this:
local thread = effil.thread(function()
        while true do
            print 'Hello world'
        end
return nil
end)()

And pause/resume it like this:
thread:pause() -- suspended
thread:resume() -- works again

Or even cancel:
thread:cancel() -- synchronous cancelation
thread:cancel(0) -- asynchronous cancelation

P.S.
Great thanks to ThePhD for sol2. It is really easy and nice to use wrapper.
Ilia