On 27-Sep-17 10:12 PM, Russell Haley wrote:
Just wanted to say I was able to build and run lua 5.3.4 of Ubuntu for
Windows. The system is impressively fast and had no lag. However, the
bash shell is rendered in the cmd window so there is no scroll back,
and to paste into the window you need to use the right mouse click
(i.e. to get a command from your browser into your shell window). One
of the neat features is that you can access the Windows filesystem
without having to do anything (mounted at /mnt/c/)

The new Linux Subsystem for Windows  "LSW" is really an impressive piece of engineering. They have mapped most of the Linux syscalls to the NT kernel, and it just works. I used to have a Linux VM running for random dev. tasks. After getting the LSW i have dropped that.

/Erik