We have been building the lua source code in our iOS project for about a year now.  Last week (around Sept. 20th) XCode was updated and the source code no longer builds.  When compiling loslib.c XCode generates an error saying system() has been deprecated and is no longer supported. (system() is called from os_execute) Is there any plan to correct this issue for iOS? Does anyone have a suggestion as to how best address this?

I did find this thread in the archive when system() just generated warnings instead of errors:

If you follow the responses in the thread there are a couple of suggestions but none of them seem to work or are appropriate as a general fix from what I can see.  The simple solution seems to be to comment out system() and always fail. But wondering if this is the best solution.

Thanks,

Chip