Hi,

Not exactly what you asked for, but related: https://codecombat.com/ is a browser RPG game
that lets you control your character by programming. It's a teaching tool with many different
programming languages available. Lua is one of them.

Cheers

On 15 September 2017 at 07:23, p. shkadzko <p.shkadzko@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Milind,

I am a chromebook user and tried to use it for coding.  I ended up installing crouton that enables running Linux alongside ChromeOS and later I removed ChromeOS completely and installed GalliumOS, a Linux distribution for chromebooks. As it was already mentioned, your best bet is online IDE platform, cloud9 is the best imho.

Best,
Pavel

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 5:17 AM, 彭 书呆 <nerditation@outlook.com> wrote:
On 09/15/2017 08:07 AM, Milind Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
>  My son's school currently only has chromeboooks . Are there any good tools that can be used to do Lua programming in that?
>      After searching a bit I found a love 2d port http://binji.github.io/love-nacl/. But this does not have an environment to write code.
>    Is there any other useful stuff they can use?
>
> Thanks,
> Milind

I don't have a chromebook and can't say for it, but I assume those online coding environment
should be suitable, such as ideone[1]. it is not Lua specific, but has good Lua support.

also, there's cloud9[2]. though it is intended for different usage scenarios.

there are many other similar websites, some are really feature rich. you can check them out yourself.

[1] https://www.ideone.com/
[2] https://c9.io/

--
the nerdy Peng / 书呆彭 /