Hi Doug,

On 13 September 2017 at 22:33, Doug Currie <doug.currie@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 4:08 PM, Dibyendu Majumdar <mobile@majumdar.org.uk>
> wrote:
>>

>> Dynasm is an assembler so that is even worse than writing LLVM IR -
>> you have to write assembly code for each architecture you wish to
>> support.
>

> Have you considered SLJIT?

Yes I have been looking at it recently. The advantage of the new
approach I am taking is that I only need to implement the backend for
the C compiler. And the way Sparse works means that the IR it
generates handles complex structures - and you end up with simple
loads/stores which translates nicely to a JIT. The JIT doesn't need to
support C structure layout etc.

Once I have completed by Lua to C translation, then any number of
different backends can be fitted.

Regards
Dibyendu