> luaossl *almost* has windows support.
> https://github.com/wahern/luaossl/issues/77
> It only takes a couple of small changes to get it to compile on windows, I just haven't had time to figure out > > how to make it mergable for a cross-platform release.

Thanks. This looks promising. I have found one issue - on line 1265

  if (!GetModuleHandleEx(GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_PIN|GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_FROM_ADDRESS, (void *)&luaopen__openssl, NULL))

On my machine ( Win10 x64 ) the call to GetModuleHandleEx fails with ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER. It looks like the issue is passing NULL as the HMODULE. If I pass in a dummy module things appear to start working.

John