hi!

if you wanna make a lightweight server, then you can get one and
customize it. probably you will find what you want included in some
more complex projects... i've chose turbo, it's fast and lightweight,
but it's luajit only... btw it wasn't a fast&small research, but
i had probably different aims than whoever else, so as well you will
need your own research. i'm sure about there are good materies out
there, but work will be needed anyhow :D i also think that
cryptographic stuffs mostly can be implemented easily from any other
one you can read, because it's mostly just some math - so it not
depends on an endless root - i think...

have fun :D