On 08/03/2017 12:41 PM, Sebastian Cato wrote:
> Sorry, I didn't realize you are a package administrator for said package.
>
> If you don't mind me asking, why don't you just add -lpthread to the
> LDFLAGS in lua.spec?

I could. But if I'm seeing this issue, then chances are, other people will too.
Seemed like detecting for pthreads availability and applying the change
to LDFLAGS via configure was the best way to avoid someone else posting
this query on this mailing list. :)

Just trying to be a good partner to upstream, rather than have Fedora packages
be the only distro with the solution here.

But, if the upstream preference is to just have Fedora override LDFLAGS
in our lua package build, easy enough.

~tom