On 25.07.2017 08:33, Dirk Laurie wrote:
On 25.07.2017 06:17, szbnwer@gmail.com wrote:

then just
var ::=  Name | tableconstructor ‘[’ exp ‘]’ | prefixexp ‘[’ exp ‘]’ |
prefixexp ‘.’ Name
:D

i think the complexity of implementation is the real question here

You can look at my existing implementation for Lua 5.2

http://lua-users.org/wiki/ThomasJericke
http://lua-users.org/files/wiki_insecure/power_patches/5.2/optbrackets-5.2.2.patch

Second time in a short while I post this, but this time it is really
appropriate.
Thanks for doing so. I remembered somone had done it but forgot who.

Please consider putting a short description of it on

   http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaPowerPatches

(That's where I looked in vain.)

I will have to check my patch for meeting the guidelines first.
Also I try to figure out in which order this side is ordered to know where to add my patch. :-J
--
Thomas